CARE in Egham and District is a small, locally based charity which has served elderly and disabled people within our community for over 30 years.
We are a volunteer run charity that supports elderly and disabled people in our community with basic errands. If you need support with your food shop, getting your prescription, or attending a hospital appointment, we are here to help you.
Where We work
We are based in Egham but cover Englefield Green, Thorpe, and Virginia Water. We are also registered with Voluntary Support North Surrey and Surrey Community Action.
What we do
We have a network of locally based volunteer drivers who support elderly and disabled people with running basic errands. Our drivers have all been through a rigorous recruitment process so that we can be sure that our clients receive the highest quality care.
We run errands that can support clients with the following tasks:
- Offering lifts to and from hospital, doctors, and dentist appointments. We will ensure you get to the right place and will wait for you while your appointment takes place.
- Getting shopping done. If you struggle to get down to the shops and pick up food and the other things you need for daily life then we can support you with that.
- Gardening. We know the restorative power of a healthy and happy garden. If you need support to look after your garden, then we can help you with that.
- Signposting. We are well connected within the local community so we are in a good position to signpost you to any other support you might need.
- Getting out and about. We offer regular outings and day trips to local attraction so that you can get out and about.
How you can receive support
We run a dedicated phone line (01784 431 031) which is answered by our Duty Officer between 09:00-12:00 on weekdays. When you ring our Duty Officer, they will be able to take down the details of your request and arrange for one of our volunteer drivers to come out and support you.
We offer support to elderly and disabled members of our community by running essential errands for food, medication, hospital trips, and more.
Registered charity number: 292702
Get In Touch
- 01784 431031